Thursday, December 24, 2009

Oh, just playing with glass in the kiln...




I think that my favorite artistic creations are probably the things that make me smile or outright laugh when I see them. I have to humbly admit that I cracked myself up with the results of this little slumping experiment. I slumped a broken wine glass in the kiln, just to see what would happen. Hee hee - I loved the results, and I'm pretty sure that if I did it again it would never turn out as well!





Here are a couple of funky shots of the flat glass compared to a normal one -





I have a martini glass that needs to be slumped standing up, I do believe. So stay tuned for that.


------------------------------------------


Here are some more things that I've been doing in the kiln lately:



Snowflakes in the kiln, ready to fuse




Icicles made from roughly-matched scraps of art glass




Those icicles, after fusing




Just one little icicle, with a penny for scale


I was pretty happy with the look of the hammered copper wire for a hook. I made hooks like that for all of the icicles and hung them in a vine maple in our yard, along with a couple glass snowflakes and the wine glass.


And finally, I made a bunch of glass stars to sell at a very small craft fair (but only sold a few) -


These are a fundraiser for my P.E.O. chapter. All of the proceeds go to our scholarship fund for local women pursuing post-high school education. My intentions were to try to sell the stars from my Etsy store, but I just didn't have time to get that all set up. So NEXT year I will!


No comments: