Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sock knitting frustration, and a happy "invention"




First of all, I have to say that it's a good thing that I LOVE the color combo of this "Green Envy" yarn, because I have been spending a lot more time knitting with it than I should have.   I finally finished the socks while we were out at the ocean for mid-winter break, and sadly they are just too big.  I don't know if you can tell at all from the comparison above, or the side shot below.  I look like I have a paddle foot.  This is after starting over once already because I was originally making the socks with my usual number of stitches and they were going to be too small to be able to stretch on over/past my heel.  I tried them on as I went along, but it's hard to tell the fit with the needles still there.  Anyway, I've ripped sock number one back to its ribbing.  I want them to fit right!




Meanwhile, when I "finished" the socks I had the remainders of two skeins of the Green Envy yarn that I just had to do something with because I love it so much.  I decided to start with wrist warmers and see if I had enough yarn to continue up to some snug little fingerless gloves.  Ta da!  I did it, and here they are - 






Oops!  I'm wearing my watch under the glove in the first picture above, so it's a little fat in the wrist.  I'm pretty excited about this little pattern creation, especially since these gloves in this yarn should be fairly durable and most definitely machine washable.  

If I'm lucky I'll get the pattern on here to share soon.



No comments: